Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Subscribing to the Newsletter

Page 1 of 2Next

We are aware that while we have been sending out newsletters to members of the website, not everyone has been receiving the emails. Work has been done to remedy this issue.

Moving forward, everyone must use the newsletter signup form to receive these newsletters, even if you've been receiving the newsletters up till now (12/5/2020). During the sign-up process you will receive a confirmation email to complete the process (follow the instructions in the email). 

Hopefully this will fix the newsletter delivery issues. Please contact me if you continue to have problems after signing up.

Thanks!

Mike

There may be something amiss. I've now used the new subscribe link twice. It's told me to check my inbox or spam folder for a confirmation but I haven't seen anything come in.

Ugh. I've been getting emails from the system saying you've signed up, so the website is sending the emails out.

@barry-morse I haven't received any bounced mail messages. If I do I'll let you know.

I've received a few bounced messages for people with Optimum email addresses. It seems Optimum still doesn't like receiving mail from our system.
I hate to ask, but if you are using an Optimum email address, do you have an alternate address you can try (gmail etc.)?

Tony D. and Brad C., I'm getting messages back that the email addresses you are using are not valid.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, is optimum giving you a link to this page?

https://www.optimum.net/pages/mailblocking.html

If it's not possible to resolve for optimum, any chance you could enable RSS for the newsletters? Or are they members-only?

@barry-morse unfortunately the plugin we're using for sending the newsletter emails doesn't have an RSS feed.

Hi Michael, I've tried signing up for the HVFF newsletter, with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, on Mac. Each time I get "An error has happened while performing a request, please try again later." Same results yesterday and today. So, I am giving up! Please can you just add me directly to the list, zoesheehansaldana@gmail.com (I am a club member). Thanks!

@zoe-sheehansaldana I submitted the form with your email (no error), please check your inbox for a confirmation email.  Wilhad reported the same problem, not sure what's going on there.

Mike

OK, we're part way to resolving the issues. It looks like the newsletter subscription form requires you to be logged into the site in order to work correctly. That's not how it should be, but for now:

• Please log in then submit the form
  • If for some reason you don't want to become a member (why wouldn't you?), you can send me an email at webmaster@hudsonvalleyfreeflyers.org and I'll submit on your behalf.

I'll work on getting this fixed but not sure when that will be.

Mike

Page 1 of 2Next